New Course Dates Announced – Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
We are pleased to announce several new training courses taking place at our Crawley, West Sussex Training Centre in February to April 2012:
- 09 February 2012
- 27 February 2012
- 09 March 2012
- 27 March 2012
- 27 April 2012
Click the link for a Emergency First Aid Training course brochure
Our one day Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course - Level 2 Award (1 day) provides a HSE approved qualification as required with the changes that came into effect on 1st October 2009 and the guidance on assessing the needs of First Aid in your workplace. This first aid course provides a qualification for individuals acting as first aiders in the workplace and who are required to attend the one day course as determined by the workplace risk assessment.
Learning Outcomes for Emergency First Aid at Work training course
By the end of the Emergency First Aid at Work Course the attendees will be able to:
- Define their role as an emergency first aider.
- Describe how to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Identify first aid equipment and how to use it.
- Describe how to conduct a scene survey, a casualty assessment and call for help.
- Demonstrate how to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) using a mannequin doll.
- Describe how to identify and treat a choking casualty with a partially and completely blocked airway.
- Demonstrate how to control severe external bleeding.
- Describe signs and symptoms of shock and how to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Describe how to manage a casualty with a burn and with other minor injuries.
To request a course programme, book a place or for any other enquiry please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.