A Monmouthshire mother has spoken of how basic first aid training helped her save fitting stranger's life

Rachel Norman, who is from Magor, was enjoying a holiday at Universal Studios, Florida with her husband and two children last month when they came across a man who had collapsed.

“We were on our way out after a day in the park when we saw a young man on the floor,” said the 42-year-old.

Mrs Norman then walked towards a crowd gathering around the man, and checked the man’s airway which was “exceptionally laboured”.

She also noticed the man’s colour was rapidly changing from pink to blue.

“It looked as though someone was trying to perform chest compressions," she said.

"So I approached the group and asked if I could be of any assistance.

“The man looked as though he was fitting.

“His family explained he had no previous history of epilepsy but due to his rapidly changing colour, I made the decision to put him in the recovery position.”

She added: “After a while, the man began to regain his colour and while disorientated at first, he gradually became more responsive.”

Read more: https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/16695680.a-monmouthshire-mother-has-spoken-of-how-basic-first-aid-training-helped-her-save-fitting-strangers-life/

Coronoavirus (COVID-19) Trading Update

Coronoavirus (COVID-19) Trading Update

Active First Aid Training confirms that they are open for business and available to support new and existing customers with their first aid training requirements.

Whereas we may have changed some of our operating procedures and requirements, our training services are fully operational.

A Monmouthshire mother has spoken of how basic first aid training helped her save fitting stranger's life

A Monmouthshire mother has spoken of how basic first aid training helped her save fitting stranger's life

Rachel Norman, who is from Magor, was enjoying a holiday at Universal Studios, Florida with her husband and two children last month when they came across a man who had collapsed.

Boy, 6, dies after choking at Mosque where staff didn’t have formal first aid training

Boy, 6, dies after choking at Mosque where staff didn’t have formal first aid training

A six-year-old boy died after choking on a snack at a Mosque where staff were not adequately trained in first aid, an inquest heard.

Myleene Klass urges others to get first-aid training after saving her daughter from choking

Myleene Klass urges others to get first-aid training after saving her daughter from choking

Myleene Klass has now saved both her daughters from choking, thanks to her first-aid knowledge.

UK First Aid at Work Training Courses