What should be kept in the first-aid room?
Typical examples of the equipment and facilities a first-aid room may contain are:
- A sink with hot and cold running water;
- Drinking water and disposable cups;
- Soap and paper towels;
- A store for first-aid materials;
- Foot-operated refuse containers, lined with yellow, disposable clinical waste bags or a container suitable for the safe disposal of clinical waste;
- An examination/medical couch with waterproof protection and clean pillows and blankets;
- A chair;
- A telephone or other communication equipment; and a record book for recording incidents attended by a first-aider or appointed person.